Do you get excited by the idea of building a robust, scalable platform that serves data to people around the globe, for leading fashion brands like G-Star, Scotch & Soda and Etnies? Become part of our team of makers and help us shape the future of e-commerce. There is plenty of room for your ideas and initiatives on how to improve our platform. Apply now and join us in our mission to connect people to the brands they love.
About your role
The backend is the heart of the product. It’s your task to never let it miss a beat. Our backend engineers are responsible for the API’s of a fast growing number of retail apps with users all over the world, from the UK to Japan.
Design and develop API’s that are used by our mobile apps.
- Integrate API’s of e-commerce platforms, payment providers and third parties.
- Focus on scale and performance.
Deploy new updates to production every week.
- Work closely together with designers and mobile engineers to design and roll out new features.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling and processes.
We are looking for someone who loves backend technology. Who enjoys learning new things, is not afraid to experiment and fail. Who loves working in a small team without corporate structures. Who enjoys hanging out with colleagues on the job and perhaps also outside of work. On top of that we are looking for the following skills:
You have an advanced level of Go.
- You don’t shy away from Ruby as it’s used in large parts of our backend today. Going forward we want to focus on extending our codebase in Golang.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience in designing and building RESTful API’s.
- You integrate testing into your daily workflow.
- You are driven to become the best in what you do and care about details.
- Bonus points: you have experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
From our stylish office, a minute from the tracks at Utrecht Centraal Station, to our flexible holidays and monthly team drinks, we do everything to make sure you can work comfortably and balanced at Highstreet.
Daily a subsidised fresh and healthy lunch (salads, rolls, hot snacks) with the team
Well equipped office with standing desks; unlimited tea, lattes, snacks, sparkling water and the likes
New MacBook Pro
Monthly Team drinks
Quarterly Team activity
Parental Leave (2 weeks paid leave for partners)
Does this sound like a perfect match?
We are proud of our wonderful product and believe it has lots of potential. We are growing fast and have fun while building our platform and company. If this sounds good to you, please apply!